Sunday, March 7, 2010

point of blue review #2


everything i don't know
Bromfield Gallery, 450 Harrison Avenue
Charlie Goss

apparently doesn't know many things.
but mon cheri ignorance is bliss


In a show where the pre-requisite is not knowing, one would not expect to be so perfectly content.
As my eyes traveled about the clever assemblages constructed from bits of tongue, soap and wire I swear I could hear them snickering. Each piece was realized from tender preparation and a hilarious attitude towards creation. The result; humble and concise.

Despite the First Friday crowds that flock to SoWa for the free wine and culcha I noticed a palpable sense of ease in the gallery, I think it had to do with the presence of humor, and lack of pompous gallery nonsense.
The message quite simple, it is what it is,
Victory can simply be a congregation of a light bulb, sausage, electric cord and plaster.

Like Charles, I may not know much, but I do know that if the entire show is about not knowing we can all stop pretending .




http://www.charlesgoss.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment